Aside from being a big YUM-O, I love this recipe because it’s easy to prepare and yields at least 32 standard size cupcakes. That will save me at least 3 days without any baking and still have a nice stock of quick snack on hand for my 4 kids.
3 cups flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp kosher salt
2 cups hot water
3/4 cups canola oil
2 tbs white vinegar
1 tbs decaf instant coffee granules
1 tbs vanilla extract
2 box 3.9 oz instant chocolate pudding (Classic Turtle flavor if you can)
2 cups ready to drink eggnog
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk dry ingredients.
3. In a different bowl/ measuring cup, combine the liquid ingredients and dissolve the coffee granules.
4. Slowly pour the liquids in the bowl with the dry ingredients.
5. Whisk until combined. Do not overmix.
6. Fill muffin tins half way. Bake for about 14-18 mins. Cool.
7. Whisk pudding mix, eggnog and vanilla until fluffy. Set aside.
8. Frost cooled cupcakes with the frosting. Enjoy!
– Frost cupcakes just before serving. That way you can control the amount used.
– Place plastic wrap on top of the pudding before you put the lid when storing. This prevents the top from getting crusty or hard.
– Feel free to double up the frosting recipe. It’s great for snack even without the cupcakes.