It’s been a while since I last posted even though there were so many ideas swirling in my mind. For one weird reason, I feel so afraid to sign in and start writing. I’ve been planning and even taking pictures to share with you. Yet when it’s time to type, I feel paralyzed. Does this happen to you too?
So today, I decided to take the plunge and share with you this experimental recipe that came out to be totally delectable.
1 box linguini (cooked according to package direction)
1 lb fresh shrimps (shells removed)
1/2 lb mussels (I used the frozen ones since it was on sale)
4 tbs EVOO
1 head of garlic (skin removed & sliced thinly)
1 1/4 cup marinated roasted pepper (recipe follows or use your favorite brand)
1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
2 sprigs of fresh dill (remove the leaves from the stem)
salt and pepper to taste
1. In medium low heat, saute garlic in EVOO for about 1-2 minutes until lightly browned. Be careful not to brown the garlic too much.
2. Increase heat to medium high and stir in roasted peppers in the pan, slowly mashing it with the back of the spoon. About 3 minutes. Add the shrimps, mussels and its juices. Cook until the shrimps change to light orange. Do not overcook.
3. Add the cooked linguini. Toss until all the noodles are coated with the sauce. If the sauce seems a little dry, add some pasta water.
4. Pour the lemon juice. Season with pepper and add the dill.
5. Taste if it needs more salt. Since the pasta was cooked in salted water and the shrimp and mussels have salt in them, sometimes those are enough to give the flavor.
6. Serve with a wedge of lemon and a sprinkle of dill.
7. Enjoy 🙂
Homemade Marinated Roasted Peppers
4 large red bell pepper
1 tsp Italian seasoning
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
– Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
– Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil and place the whole pepper making sure there’s enough space between each.
– Roast the peppers for about 25-35 minutes. Using tongs, rotate the peppers every 5 minutes so that all the sides get nicely charred.
– Take out from the oven and using the sides of the foil make a “tent” to cover the peppers.
– Wait 10 minutes or until the peppers are cool enough to be held.
– Peel off skin and remove the seeds.
– Slice in about 1 inch stripes.
– Add Italian Seasoning and Olive oil.
– Transfer in a glass or plastic container with the juices. Let cool before putting it in the refrigerator.
– Let it rest in the fridge for at least 2 days before using.