Today marks the 100th birthday of one of the few women whom I admire the most – Julia Child. Though I confess I haven’t had the courage to try a single recipe from any of her cookbooks, I still consider this woman a significant source of inspiration. One, she always wanted something to do. Two, once she found her passion, she gave her all and then some. Third, she doesn’t take NO for an answer. Lastly, she loves food just like me.
To celebrate this special day, I have decided to post this delectable brownie recipe. My family loves this because it’s super moist and has a deep chocolate flavor. If you are into dark chocolates, this treat is for you. Even though it’s flourless and yes, BUTTER less, I think this will have Julia’s approval. Give it a try and let me know okay.
1 15 oz can Black beans (about 2 cups)
1 tsp vanila extract
3 extra large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup vanilla whey protein powder
1 cup semi sweet mini chocolate morsels
1 cup butterscotch chips
1. Drain black beans and rinse in cold running water.
2. Using a food processor, puree the beans. Add the vanilla extract. Process until very creamy.
3. In a separate bowl, with an electic mixer, cream eggs, sugar and vegetable oil until light and airy.
4. Add the cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon, whey protein powder and pureed beans. Mix until very combined.
5. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
6. Pour in a greased 9×9 pan.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 mins.
8. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the butterscotch morsels.
9. Cool completely before cutting.
Line your pan with foil and then grease with a cooking spray. The brownies will just peel right off and super easy clean up.